- A great man shows his greatness by the way he treats little men
- When dealing with people, remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic instead creatures of emotions
- It takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving
- Sharp criticisms and rebukes almost invariably end in futility
- We should be hearty in our praise and approbation
- Always give genuine compliments rather than flattery
- The only way to influence people is to talk in terms of what the other person wants
- Become genuinely interested in other people
- Smile from your heart, the feeling of happiness will automatically follow
- A person’s name is that person’s most sweetest sound in any language
- Be a good listener and encourage others to talk about themselves
- Always make the other person feel important, sincerely.
- Talk to people about themselves and they’ll listen for hours
- Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love
- Avoid arguments. Even if you win the argument, you lose the other person, which is a lose anyway.
- Respect the other person’s opinions
- Always fall on the sword first to give a sense of importance to the other person
- A friendly approach and appreciation can make people change their minds more readily than all the storm in the world
- He who treads softly goes far. Elicit a response of yes from the other person
- If you want friends let them excel you, so they’ll feel important
- Seeing things through the other person’s eyes may ease the tensions when personal problems become overwhelming
- Dramatize your ideas to be more impactful
- All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory
- Begin with praise and not with criticism
- Ask questions to give suggestions and not give orders
- Give the others a fine reputation to live up to
Now, over to you..
I would love to know you what were your key takeaways from this book. Feel free to share in the comments below.
If you haven’t read this book yet, you can buy now from Amazon right away.
Full disclosure here: I have partnered with Amazon Associates, so I do get a tiny commission for your purchase.